Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Tarot cards never lie." Is this true?


Some people think so, and I’m not justified in believing it. For example, the chance of one card of the tarot that tells you that you are going to die is 1/40 because if I'm correct, the tarot hand has 40 cards. The chance that one of those cards will say that you are going to have a pleasant and calm life, therefore, is also 1/40. As a result you have a very good reason to begin writing your testament for believing that you are going to die, or a very good reason to start packing for a better life. 

Eventually, if this knowledge has some certainty than of course, the preposition that the tarot cards works will have some certainty. But, what kind of certainty? I know that the tarot cards are all designed in such a way that any card that is thrown will make you think that you are going to die or that you will have a pleasant life,but the human brain is not designed for good reason to doubt a preposition, but for some reason, is designed to find some sort of justification. In fact when people need some sort of justification, or just because they have heard a testimony that the cards do actually predict the future, the less background of information to justify a preposition, the less conflict with the preposition and the more reason there is not to doubt it. However, if you put a question mark after Tarot; if we have good reason for believing it to be false, it will not justify the preposition to be true. Even if all our sensory evidence indicates that it is. I have a good reason to doubt a reading if it conflicts with the exactitude of the prediction that I have reasons to believe. Like Descartes said once, “When it is not in our power to determine what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable”.

I don't believe in the tarot because I do can figure out for myself what it is more probable to happen in the future of my actions than a reading of cards that has algorithms designed to propose your future. But, in fact your own future is determined by what choices you make. Yes, you can have a pleasant life after all, but even if the reading says that you are going to be rich, I can't say that the possibility of you becoming rich is implausible in fact it could happen in 3 ways. (1) you win the lottery , (2) you choose wisely or (3) you are lucky enough to that you have choose wisely.
The tarot randomly will tell you the future that you want to hear, but will never tell you how your future is going to be.

4 comments:

  1. This post is incorrect. The major arcana, which you're talking about, consists of 21 cards. If someone tells you that Arcanum XIII (aka Death) means that you're going to die and you believe them... well, let's say it'd be similar to the following situation:
    - What's the Bible?
    - It's a book of spells.
    - Oh... Okay. I, like, totally believe you.

    I hope you find the time to learn more about the wonderful world of Tarot! :)
    -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shh, don't let them know that your beautiful tarot is a spell book because that would destroy the karma in the inner sole and that would be detrimental to you.

      Delete
  2. I dont know why but cards really help me to understand myself. Sometimes life looks so cruel and I dont know whats happening, what's wrong I am doing, how to fix everything... I sit down, take my beautiful cards, hold them, look at every one, talking to them, draw cards, listen to what they tell me.... Its amazing! Within some minutes they tell me what really is going on right now, why it is happening to me, how to fix the situation and even what will happen to me if I change it the way Cards tell me... I say Thank you! every time. I make notes and when some yrs later I read what Cards told me - its all truth!
    I have a great logical brain, I love maths and physics and I tried to find explanation about 40 yrs ago WHY!!!! I understood that I simply have to believe! I love my cards, I am very thankful for helping me to stop, think, look deep into myself and find the right path.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lots of people share your belief, but if to you alone with your thought the tarot were a form of picture book bible that actually does contain substantial evidences of SUCESS anyway would that change your opinion?

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post?
Recommend it!

People who visited this blog on the world

Contador de Visitas